Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New York


I had a surprising opportunity to visit New York for a few days, to provide moral support to Curry as she headed for her (hopefully) final interview with immigration for her green card.

It wasn't for very long, and my main purpose was to be there for Curry. But still, I saw a few sights. I learned that the Statue of Liberty is NOT on Ellis Island, though it is on Liberty Island which is quite close to Ellis Island. Again, I saw lots and lots of high rises, and too many people and enjoyed different neighborhoods and their foods.























In the end, it appears that Curry was denied her green card. That's so sad for this sweet girl who is a great addition to the citizenship of any country.

1 comment:

EarlGirl said...

So sorry to hear about Curry! It looks like a beautiful trip, though.