Friday, August 1, 2008

If it wasn't so sad, I'd be funny....

Anyone who knows me knows I am pretty committed to exchange students, and to learning from and enjoying the differences between us. These are wonderful kids and being able to host them for a year (if we can) is an amazing opportunity. They are not perfect by any means, but who is?

So I was really burned recently when I heard of a family, after saying they would, changing their minds and dumping a student--because he was Muslim and might do something scary. This is not to say there are no scary Muslims--but the vast majority of them are as appalled by the scary ones as we are appalled by, say, skinheads, the KKK, or, more historically, the Inquisition (all of whom could be considered Christians by people who are unfamiliar with us).

Having hung around with a lot of Muslims lately, I just had to laugh when I thought of some of the scary things I've seen them do......

Develop secret weapons--explosives, I think.











Target practice.














Mingle inconspicuously with the natives so they can become entrenched in our society. (Guess which ones are Muslim).



















Spy out the weaknesses of our power grid.










These guys seem to be the ringleaders. Code names are Larry, Curly, and Mo.



Probably anyone who reads this blog is already a generous and understanding person, but I just had to vent!!!

1 comment:

EarlGirl said...

I agree. We had to deal with people thinking Rashed would blow up our house in our sleep. I had a cheeky comment here, but I'll keep it to myself. I would have another Muslim student, though.